The role of the IT project manager is to plan, execute and finalize IT projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The IT Project Manager will also define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout its lifecycle.Duties and ResponsibilitiesStrategy and planning
- Define project scope, objectives and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Continuously define and manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of project team status reports, analyze results, and resolve issues.
- Define project success criteria and communicate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Perform project post-mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve the project objectives.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes if necessary.
- If necessary, negotiate with other managers for the acquisition of the personnel required within the company.
- Determine and assess the need for additional staff and/or consultants and motivate appropriate recruitments, if necessary, during the project cycle.
- Lead and manage project development from start to finish.
- Develop large-scale project plans and associated communication materials.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Proactively manage project scope changes, identify potential crises and design contingency plans.
- Coach, coach, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and inspire them to take positive action and be accountable for their assigned work.
- Build, develop and develop all business relationships essential to the success of the project.
About the employer:
Skills and knowledges
- Good knowledge of project management software
- Familiarity with programming languages
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management (project basis)
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment is essential
- Can comply with changing priorities, demands and deadlines through analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Responds quickly and effectively to project adjustments and changes
- Flexible in times of change
- Ability to read the communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a wide range of disciplines
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
- Ability to defuse tensions within the project team, if any
- Ability to drive the project through political sensitivity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skilled in conducting research on project issues and products
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Customer service skills an asset
- The ability to prioritize and execute tasks effectively in a high pressure environment is crucial
- University or college diploma in the field of project management
- 8 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution