A mid-sized, award-winning architectural firm is looking for a motivated Junior Architectural Designer to join our team. The successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years of experience creating design and survey drawings in the field. If you have motivation, experience, and presentation skills, coupled with a professional attitude and attention to detail, you are eligible for this opportunity. We are small enough that your contribution shapes the outcome of the projects and you will be recognized for the contributions you make. We are a group of committed and disciplined design professionals with a depth and diversity of experience that allows us to successfully tackle a wide variety of project types. We rely on our collective expertise to provide our clients with a complete architectural service. We pride ourselves on our dynamic, stable and energetic work environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated Junior Architect with 1-3 years of experience with a professional degree from an accredited architectural school. The candidate will be exposed to all phases of architectural projects, from field sizing of the project to diagrams and assistance with construction administration.
Essential tasks and qualifications
- Site survey / drafting of existing conditions in AutoCAD
- Drafting of architectural plans
- Preparation of construction documents
- Construction administration assistance
- Preparation of presentation materials
To join us, you must have the following abilities:
- Understanding of construction drawings, requirements and standards
- Junior technical expertise
- Flexibility to go out in the field or in the office.
- Strong manual drawing and CAD skills.
- Expert proficiency with all applicable software packages including, but not limited to AutoCAD, MS Windows; MS Office, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook; Adobe Suite.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic, team spirit
- Ability to be flexible in multitasking and assignment adjustments.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt and prioritize, respecting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment with supervision.
- Sense of urgency, quick response to urgent questions
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Professional but human attitude
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Proactive nature and initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise judgment
In addition to our competitive salaries and incentives, we offer the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of our organization. We only hire the best and the brightest; If you consider yourself capable of becoming an active member of our team, please send us your cover letter, curriculum vitae, portfolio and vaccination card, which are necessary to work for our firm. Non-national applicants must have a US work authorization / permit, valid for at least 1 year from date of hire.
David Smotrich & Partners LLP is a WBE and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status. protected or qualified disabled person status or any other protected characteristic. by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit a cover letter, your contact details, work samples and proof of vaccination to [email protected] Applicants must currently reside in the New York metropolitan area.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, please submit a cover letter, resume and work examples to [email protected] Applicants must currently be located in the New York metropolitan area.