Seattle, Washington, United StatesSite:
Fri 29 Oct ’21Posted on:
BuildingWork is hiring a Project Architect / Project Manager.
At BuildingWork, we seek to strategically develop our team with people who share our values ââof respect, teamwork, curiosity, commitment, fairness and excellence. The successful candidate has experience delivering project architect level work and aspires to grow with the business, make a positive contribution to the communities we serve and become a leader within the studio.
The responsibilities of the Project Architect / Project Manager include the ability to independently advance the project design, develop technical details, lead the preparation of project documentation and coordinate consultants, manage project processes. ‘authorization and authorization and administration of construction. Project management skills such as overseeing expense allocation, project schedule, workflow, deadlines, deliverables, and effective communication with clients will also lead to success in the role.
During the first three months, you:
- Become familiar with company standards, software, systems, design and documentation processes
- Have one-on-one meetings with all members of the firm
- Meet with business leaders to discuss your professional interests, skills and goals
- Take responsibility for advancing one to two projects on boards of directors
Over time, you will have the opportunity to:
- Train and mentor junior designers and contribute to knowledge sharing
- Lead design teams to deliver creative, sustainable and impactful projects
- Participate in business development activities including tender submissions, project interviews and client relationship development
- Contribute to the leadership, ideas and expertise that help the business grow and evolve
Qualifications for this position include:
- An accredited professional architect diploma (B.Arch. Or M.Arch)
- Architect’s license or in the process of obtaining a license
- Fluency in English (speaking a second language is a plus)
- Eight or more years of professional experience in an architectural firm
- Experience working in 3D BIM design and documentation (ArchiCAD is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience leading the documentation, coordination and delivery of at least two mid-size projects through all phases of design including HQ.
- A passion for adaptive reuse, historic preservation, sustainability and community-driven design projects
In addition, applicants should have well-developed graphic, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively both in a team and independently. Applicants should be motivated and eager to participate in a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a culture of learning and excellence.
The salary range for this position is $ 80,000 to $ 110,000 depending on experience.
We also offer a competitive benefit package to all team members which includes a creative and engaging studio environment, flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, four (4) weeks of paid time off, ten ( 10) paid holidays, a strong health insurance plan. , AIA membership dues and a 401k retirement savings plan with a firm contribution of 4.0%.
BuildingWork is an architectural firm of ten to twelve people located in Seattle Washington. We specialize in the design of civic and community buildings, in adaptive reuse and historic preservation projects, and in sustainable and environmentally friendly design practices.
Our clients are government agencies, non-profit organizations, local businesses and private developers. Our types of projects include public libraries, educational spaces, creative workplaces, multi-family residences, and community, artistic and cultural spaces.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and work samples to: [email protected], attention Kate Weiland, AIA.
BuildingWork is an equal opportunity employer and applicants of all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply. Please see www.buildingwork.design for more information about our company.