FAIRFIELD — The Fairfield-Suisun School District Board of Trustees voted unanimously Thursday to confirm the appointment of Marina Romero as the district’s facilities project manager.
Romero for the past six years has held the position of energy manager in the district. She managed the implementation of California Clean Energy Jobs Act (Proposition 39) projects, leading to multiple energy-saving measures for the district, including:
• Installation of energy-efficient interior and exterior lighting projects at 19 sites.
• Modernization of lighting controls at 13 sites.
• Replacement of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning units on three sites.
• Installation of photovoltaic structures (solar panels) on five sites
• Bids and contracts for deferred maintenance projects to improve energy efficiency
“Marina has successfully managed multiple energy projects and has been involved in the bidding and management of numerous maintenance projects over the past three years,” said Paul Speed, executive director of facilities and construction for the district, in a statement. Press release. “Going forward, Marina will manage various construction projects and help manage the Fairfield High School Performing Arts Building slated for construction in June.”
Romero, before joining the district, spent seven years as an energy management software technician in the Norwalk-La Mirada school district. She has experience in energy conservation and management, project and construction management, building codes and energy audits.
Romero bagan in his new role on Friday. The district did not provide the salary that accompanies the position.