Sguera Architecture plc is a small but powerful design firm specializing in high-end residential interior architecture and new multi-family projects in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
We have a number of exciting projects underway and are looking for the next key player in our integrated design team: a full-time senior architectural designer / project manager. Our ideal candidate is a kind, well-rounded designer who is a powerhouse in both interior design and project management. This person should be comfortable managing and leading small and medium sized projects independently and executing a cohesive design vision throughout. Licensure is not essential, but our projects require a high level of creative ability, good drawing and modeling skills, prior code and construction experience, and top-notch organization. We are fortunate to have fabulous clients, so this person must also be an open and effective communicator who can facilitate an enjoyable and collaborative process.
If this is you, contact us and consider bringing your talents to our team!
- Independently manage 1 to 3 small projects or 1 medium project at a time
- Drive the development of the design concept, user experience journeys, diagrams and mood boards (with manager support)
- Help find unique and creative solutions to design problems
- Develop project models in Revit (along with other tools you find useful including Rhino, SketchUp, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Create key project presentations and present work during client presentations (with manager support)
- Produce and execute project deliverables including project work plan, SD / DD / CD drawing sets, project schedules and specifications.
- Manage the project work plan, schedule and budget
- Potentially manage the junior designer (s) on medium-sized projects
- Manage and coordinate project sub-consultants such as MEP, structural, AV / IT and lighting designers
- Lead construction administration, including reviewing shop drawings, drafting responses to RFIs, and providing clarifying sketches as required (with manager support)
- Responsible for daily communication and interface with client teams (with the support of the director)
- Coordinate all permits and the process if necessary (with the support of the director)
- Bring kindness and thoughtfulness to work, always.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in an architectural firm, including experience on DD and CD phases for interior design projects
- Experience producing construction documents and managing construction administration, reviewing shop drawings and preparing responses to RFIs
- Comfortable with multitasking and collaboration in a fast-paced project context
- Organized, detail-oriented, motivated, enthusiastic and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Excellent communication skills in English and in dealing with the client
- Work examples that demonstrate, in addition to technical details, a sophisticated design sensibility
- Proficient in Revit (experience with Autocad is useful but our office works mainly with Revit), Adobe Creative Suite and project management tools (Google Suite, Excel, Smartsheet). Experience with Rhino or SketchUp is a plus.
- FF&E sourcing and specification experience, an asset
- Knowledge of New York building codes and the DOB permitting process is a plus
- Currently living in New York and available to start soon
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without the need for employer sponsorship
For full-time salaried staff, Sguera Architecture provides subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with matching contributions, power take-off, and professional development grants.
How to register:
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and work examples in a single PDF to j[email protected]. Please use the subject title “Application for a Principal Architectural Designer / PM (Architect)”
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Building codes
- SD, DD, CD, CA
- Strong communication skills
- Building permit
- Adobe Suite
Minimum level of education
6 -10 years
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …