Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading nonprofit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries, committed to empowering everyone to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI uses its global presence and more than 50 years of experience to help reinvent healthcare. We work to shape market systems, change policies and financing, and build global capacity to better support consumer-empowered healthcare.
Partner with us!
PSI Nairobi Global Service Center is looking for a VIYA Digital project manager to join a growing, best-in-class team that is changing the way we provide healthcare to women around the world.
VIYA is a Fem Tech solution that harnesses the power of technology to empower women with the tools to take charge of their sexual health and wellbeing in an easy, reliable, and fun way. (Read more here https://www.psi.org/2022/01/femtech-meets-ngo-how-viya-is-going-all-the-way-with-womens-health/).
Sound like something you would be interested in? Continue reading.
The position will consist of:
- drive on implementation of user-centric digital health solutions, including researching and understanding a user’s end-to-end journey and overseeing the development of digital tools and approaches to support them every step of the way.
- drive on digital intervention project management, including budgeting, financial reporting and monitoring of KPIs/OKRs.
- Coordinate and manage a team project digital tool implementers, technical developers, data visualization specialists, marketers and content creators, to design and deliver digital health solutions to country teams using agile development processes
- Act as a focal point and relationship manager for country teams to gather, prototype and establish project requirements, maintaining a holistic understanding of their context-specific needs for digital health interventions
- Translate project requirements, data flows and business processes into functional and non-functional system requirements to support routine monitoring
- Manage test and capture user feedback digital solutions before deployment and post-launch experience measurement and insights gathering
- Support localization of the strategy and development of new business engaging with country offices and headquarters in proposal and budget development and strategy execution
- Oversee the development and implementation of digital marketing campaigns and serve as an agency liaison to grow our user base and increase adoption and engagement of our digital health solutions
- Lead the creation and sharing of knowledge on digital implementation best practices with internal/external stakeholders, including writing blog posts, presentations and representation at the conference
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual with a passion for public health who is willing and able to learn by doing in a demanding role. In particular, we are looking for;
- 5-7 years of experience working on digital health implementation projects
- Relevant or higher bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science or similar digital field
- Experience with agile programming methodologies and using Github
- Experience working with and managing technical development teams
- Strong business analysis and visualization skills, using tools such as MS Visio, SmartDraw or Dia
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational database systems including SQL, Postgres and MongoDB
- Familiarity with data visualization in PowerBI or Tableau
- Knowledge of digital marketing principles and campaign development
- Experience working with advertising/creative agencies to deliver engaging and engaging campaigns
- Team player who enjoys collaborating and building partnerships through trust and the open exchange of ideas
- Strong elicitation and interview skills
- Strong facilitation and observation skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills – able to clearly describe nuanced or complex ideas.
- Comfortable working in matrix organizations and collaborating with cross-functional and multicultural teams
- Excellent PowerPoint skills – able to “translate” ideas/results of discussions into professional looking results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create alignment with multiple stakeholders
- Highly organized and self-starter with excellent project management skills
- Passion and knowledge of design thinking, UX/UI optimization and customer experience best practices
What would turn us on?
- Fluent in Spanish, French or Portuguese
- Work experience in the health or wellness sector
- Experience working with conversational AI tools and/or chatbot development
- Women in technology and/or experience in Femtech and women’s health strongly encouraged to apply
This is a full-time position and can be based in Eastern and Southern African countries with a PSI social enterprise presence.
How to register
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and an up-to-date curriculum vitae to
[email protected]before August 10, 2022
Subject: Viya Digital Project Manager
Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.
PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status , personal appearance, license plate, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities. , gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran status, special disabled veteran or uniform service member or employment status.